By Kalisha Cartharn
Happy Friday my loves and welcome to Date Night â€œWedding Planningâ€ edition. I hope you all haveÂ enjoyed Date Nights thus far with all the fun ideas to keep things spicy and fun. We all know thatÂ planning a wedding can be stressful especially those times when you feel youâ€™re doing everythingÂ yourself. Well, I am here to share some fun ideas for the two of you to make the best out of weddingÂ planning and spend some quality time together.
OK my lovelies a simple way to tackle your â€œto-doâ€ list would be to divide the list by 2-4 manageableÂ tasks you both feel comfortable handling over the weekend. Below you will find a list of things the twoÂ of can tackle.
- 1st Dance â€“ Picking out your 1stÂ dance song is very important so this would be the perfect time to goÂ through each otherâ€™s playlist and find one that sync’s both your personalities. You may also want to select the songs the DJ will play at your reception.
- Wedding registry â€“ If you have not created your wedding registry this would be the perfect to time toÂ do so.
- Â Thank-You Notes â€“ This can help eliminate some of those daunting task that have to be done after theÂ honeymoon.
- Â Hotel Info â€“ Have you blocked off hotel space for wedding guest yet? This would be the perfect time to doÂ some research for the different hotels in your area and set aside a few places depending upon your guestsÂ budget. Many hotels allow you to reserve rooms for guests under a special wedding block and at a reducedÂ rate. You can then release any un-booked rooms a month prior to your wedding. If the hotels you contactÂ insist upon contracts with cancellation penalties, just say no — you don’t want to be responsible for roomsÂ you can’t fill.
- Menu Planning â€“ Are you stuck on what to eat at the reception? This time can be reserved to decide onÂ whatâ€˜s the bestÂ meal choices to accommodate you and guest.
- Â Marriage License â€“ This would be the perfect time to learn about obtaining a marriage license. You canÂ check your state’s license requirements online, but confirm with a call to the county clerk’s office to seeÂ when they’re open. Even if it’s open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., they may issue marriage licenses only duringÂ slower times like, Â Thursdays from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Give a copy of your marriage license to your momÂ or your maid of honor (just in case you misplace yours during the final days before your wedding).