By, Kalisha Cartharn
Hi Loves, itâ€™s date night with your fiancÃ© and this time itâ€™s totally dedicated to just the two of you.Â NO WEDDING TALK ALLOWED. This time should be designated to chance and romance, go backÂ to days that remind you of why he proposed and why you said YES! Remind one another of why you areÂ â€œCrazy in Loveâ€ â€¦ This week NHB will give some ideas on how to unwind and escape thoseÂ wedding prep stressors. Now remember each of these ideas REQUIRE NO WEDDING TALK,Â just RELAX, RELATE & RELEASE!
1. SPA DAY â€“ Prior to your wedding you may have accumulated some wonderful giftÂ certificates to day spaâ€™s â€¦ Why not cash those in with your honey and enjoy some aloneÂ time. No need to bring up wedding planning as a matter of fact NO WEDDING TALKÂ ALLOWED. Schedule mani/pedi and massage time. This will help release some of thoseÂ wedding jitters and even the fritters lol!
2. SPA DAY (at home) â€“ Want to really spice things up, why not turn your home into â€œDEÂ LA CASA SPAâ€ From the comfort of your own home, create your own ambiance of aÂ spa with oils, candles, wine and music. This will personalize the experience and whoÂ knows this could be a weekly ritual between the two of you.
3. FAMILY VISITSâ€”have some family members who may not be able to make it to theÂ wedding? No problem, make some time to go and visit. This is usually a grandparent or anÂ older person in the family who really canâ€™t handle travels at their age. This will give youÂ and him time to get to know one anotherâ€™s family in an intimate setting without the stressÂ of the wedding.
4. NATURE NIGHT â€“ This proves to be a NHB Fave, we love nature and what better timeÂ than the fall to experience the leaves changing colors. Ditch those cell phones and hit the trail. If you refer back to a few of NHBâ€™s â€œDate Nightâ€ Articles you will findÂ some wonderful ideas concerning the outdoors.
5. NEIGHBORHOOD DRIVE â€“ Why not take some time out to drive through some of thoseÂ â€œupscaleâ€ neighborhoods you’ve always dreamed of living in as a kid. Check out theÂ different designs in landscaping, beautiful backyards and talk about what kind of dreamÂ home you both desire.
6. WRITE IT DOWNâ€”one last thing on our list would be a book of appreciation. With allÂ the stress and strain of the wedding, sometimeâ€™s, you can lose track of whatâ€™s important.Â More times than not you can always list the things that go wrong more so than go right.Â So my advice would be to take the time to write out whatâ€™s actually going right andÂ according to plan for you. This can work as motivation when you feel the pressure of wedding planning starting to creep back up.