What are the responsibilities of a day of wedding planner?
In the bridal industry we are seeing more and more couples utilizing online planning resources, such as The Knot, Wedding Wire, Bridal Blogs (such as Natural Hair Bride), and of course Pinterest. They are taking planning into their own hands and just need someone to tie up loose details and execute all of their vision for the day. I am often asked what exactly does a does a “Day of” wedding planner do. I consider myself more than just the lady running around on the wedding day helping the bride, and I am most certainly more involved than just on the wedding day. This is a common misconception as well. A lot of couples see the phrase “Day of or Month of” wedding planner/coordinator and think just that.
A person who only comes in on the day to help out, so this shouldn’t be a large investment as they will not do a whole lot. When it fact this person has a major role they are essentially the project manager, the subject matter expert, and often the person with the contingency plan, should anything go off course. Below you will find some of the common responsibilities for your day of wedding planner.
Common duties of a “Day of Wedding Planner”
– Meet with the clients in the final weeks of planning (typically no later than one month out from the wedding)
– Provide wedding day timeline for both ceremony & reception
– Coordinate with all vendors needed for the wedding day & ensure they have the wedding timeline & no-show polices
– Attend final venue walkthroughs
– Facilitate/Attend Wedding Rehearsal
– Wedding day management & coordination
– Check in with each vendor upon identified arrival times
– Ensure all items for ceremony & reception on delivered and placed accordingly (i.e. programs, floral décor, centerpieces, card box, guest book, place cards, and so on!)
– Ensure all transportation for all parties is in order (arrival/pick up times, pick up points, consumption polices)
– Ensure all bridal party members arrive on-time
– Ensure all floral has been handed out or pinned on (boutonnieres, bouquets, corsages)
– Handling of any security needs to ensure everything goes off without a hitch
– Collection of personal items and wedding gifts, ensuring they are delivered back to client safely
– Ensure all rental/borrowed items are picked up or returned
Photo By: Sally O’ Donnell Photography
This wealth of information was provided by Monique of MLP Events. Average rate for service starts at $1,200.00